Advanced Palliative Practice Skills (APPS)
Advanced Palliative Practice Skills (APPS) Program
The Advanced Palliative Practice Skills (APPS) program is an educational opportunity for Personal Support Workers (PSWs), Health Care Aides and Hospice Volunteers who are graduates of the Core Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care Program and who are currently working or volunteering in palliative care.
The APPS program is comprised of three in-class sessions with additional reading, reflections and e-learning modules. Course content includes:
- Role of PSW/volunteer in providing a palliative approach
- Self-Awareness in Providing Hospice Palliative Care (HPC)
- Loss and Grief
- Symptom Identification and Management Strategies
- Comfort Measures at End-of-Life (EOL)
- Ethical challenges in End-of-Life.
Note: The Core Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care program is a prerequisite for the APPS program. Please bring your course certificate to Session 1.
Program Schedules, Registration & Payment
APPS programs are currently being offered in various geographies of Southwestern Ontario.
South West (LHIN 2)
Registration & Payment
- The cost of the APPS program is $40.00 (tax included).
- Once you have determined the program location and dates best suited for you, please register and then pay online or by cheque
- To successfully complete the program, registrants must attend all three course sessions.
- Karla Friesen, Program Assistant