Disclaimers & Warranties
The material on this website is provided as general information only and is not intended to provide specific legal, or health related advice for any individual and should not be relied upon in that regard. If you are concerned about a particular medical condition, treatment or service, or are in need of medical services, consult your physician, heath care provider, or nearest emergency medical facility.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and veracity of the information on this website, our program is not responsible in any way for damages arising out of the use of this website.
We reserve the right to discontinue, change or modify this website at any time without notice.
Provisions of the Copyright Act cover the material on this site, as do Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission. Visitors may download or copy the Content and other downloadable items displayed on our website, for non-commercial personal use only, provided that they maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content. The trademarks, services marks and logos displayed on this site are the property of the Southwestern Ontario Palliative Pain & Symptom Management Program or other third parties. You are not permitted to use the trademarks, services marks and logos without prior written consent of the Southwestern Ontario Palliative Pain & Symptom Management Program or such third party, which may own the trademarks, services marks and logos.
Active Information Collection - Like many websites,
this site actively collects information from its visitors both by asking
you specific questions or by permitting you to communicate directly with
us via e-mail. Some of the information that you submit may be personally
identifiable information (that is, information that can be uniquely identified
with you, such as your full name, address, e-mail address, and so on).
Some areas of this site may require you to submit information to benefit from the specified features (such as automatic notification of upcoming events). You will be informed at each information collection point what information is required and what information is optional.
Passive Information Collection - As you navigate through
a website, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered
without your actively providing the information) using various technologies
and means, such as Internet Protocol addresses, cookies, Internet tags,
and navigational data collection.
Cookies - A cookie is a bit of information
that a website sends to your web browser that helps the site
remember information about you and your preferences.
"Session" cookies are temporary bits
of information that are erased once you exit your
web browser window or otherwise turn your computer
off. Session cookies are used to improve navigation
on websites and to collect aggregate statistical
information. This site may use session
- “Persistent” cookies are more permanent
bits of information that are placed on the hard
drive of your computer and stay there unless you
delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information
on your computer for a number of purposes, such
as retrieving certain information you have previously
provided (e.g., passwords), helping to determine
what areas of the website visitors find most valuable,
and customizing the website based on your preferences.
This site may use persistent cookies.
- "Session" cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once you exit your web browser window or otherwise turn your computer off. Session cookies are used to improve navigation on websites and to collect aggregate statistical information. This site may use session cookies.
- Internet tags – also known as single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1-by-1 GIFs, are smaller than cookies and tell the website server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor's computer. We may use Internet tags at this site. These tags indicate how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted. We do not collect or seek personally identifiable information through these tags.
- Cookies - A cookie is a bit of information that a website sends to your web browser that helps the site remember information about you and your preferences.
Use and Disclosure of Information
to contractors we use to support our business (e.g., technical support,
delivery services), in which case we will require such third parties
- where required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations.
In addition, we will make full use of all information acquired through this site that is not in personally identifiable form.
- Access and Correction – To keep your personally identifiable information accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct personally identifiable information in our possession that you have previously submitted via this site.
- Security – We take reasonable steps to protect your personally identifiable information as you transmit your information from your computer to our site and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Moreover, where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this site, it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
How to Contact Us